Heart Sunday is on February 3, 2019, and ladies coming to Church will receive a gift to celebrate Cardiac Health Awareness for Women Month. Join us and wear red to give attention to this worthy cause.
On February 26, 2019 in the Parlor Room, there will be a Business Meetingand a presentation on Women’s Cardiac Health to celebrate Cardiac Health Awareness for Women Month. Alexis Auger, MSN, NP-BC from MGH Cardiology will be the speaker. Topics will include prevalence of heart disease in women, review of the path physiology of the heart, risk factors, symptoms, how to reduce risk, and how we treat heart disease. If there are any other topics you would like to hear about, please contact Stacey Yavorski. Bring a friend and enjoy fellowship, have fun and learn all about heart disease and how to prevent it in women!
On March 18, 2020, Business Meetingand Presentation to be announced, 6:30 p.m., Parlor Room.
2020 Meetings and Events – Mark your calendars:
- February 3, 2020 – Heart Sunday – Wear red and come to Church to receive a gift from Philoptochos to celebrate Cardiac Health Awareness Month for Women.
- February 26, 2020, Business Meetingand Women’s Cardiac Health Presentation, 6:30 p.m., Parlor Room (please note that this meeting is on the 4th Wednesday of the month, not the 3d).
- March 18, 2020, Business Meetingand Presentation to be announced, 6:30 p.m., Parlor Room.
- March 25th Annunciation and Greek Independence Day Celebration– Date to be announced.
- April 22, 2020, Business Meetingand Film – “On the Precipice of Extinction” – the story of the plight of our beloved Patriarchate in Turkey, 6:30 p.m., Parlor Room.
- May 20, 2020, Business Meeting, Pot Luck Dinner andArbonne Presentation by Tracey Franggos, 6:30 p.m., venue to be announced.
- May 2020, Haven From Hunger, food preparation and serving. Dates to be announced.
June, End of Year Celebration – Event/date to be announced (Bring your ideas to the Jan. meeting!).
This spring, stayed tuned for upcoming baking and cooking workshops with Stacey Yavorski and Ruth Morfis. The workshops will feature koulourakia, pastries and Greek Easter Bread. For more information please contact Ruth Morfis at 978-531-8655 or Stacey Yavorski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other happenings this spring will include ongoing Veterans Drive(updated list of items to follow and/or contact Maria Collins at 978-531-6832), Outreach to homebound members during Easter (contact Maria Collins at 978-531-6832), Easter Egg preparation and more. For additional information, if you have new ideas, or would like to help please contact Evelyn Rockas.
Just a reminder that as one of the Ministries of our beloved St. Vasilios, Philoptochos Athena hosts a coffee houronce a month throughout the year. For more information, or if you would like to help, please contact Tina Manolakos.
We have been using our new email address and all emails being distributed to the general membership come from: Philoptchos@Stvasilios.org
Throughout this update and in previous bulletins, new members have been invited to join Philoptochos Athena. Please come see what we are all about and be a part of our mission to help those less fortunate and give to many worthy causes. Join us and meet new friends, enjoy fellowship and feel a sense of accomplishment knowing that you have contributed to the greater good. And if you are a member that hasn’t come to meetings or events recently, please come back. 2020 is a great time to start something new or get reacquainted. We can’t do it without your help!
As always, in closing, the Executive Board, Board of Directors and current members look forward to welcoming new members and teaming together to carry out the Philoptochos Mission with joyful, loving and pure hearts.
With your help and as Father Chris says: “Many Hands Make Light Work”. We are a great team. We can and will accomplish so much together!
Feel free to contact me with any questions, ideas and/or comments.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Season. May 2020 be replete with good health and much happiness!
With best wishes always,
Evelyn Limberakis Rockas
President, St. Vasilios Philoptochos Athena